Followers x

Sunday 9 September 2012

Christening Cards x2

Today I am sharing 2 christening cards, made for brothers being christened together. I really struggled to find something suitable as they are little boys, not babies !!

I walked round and round The Range for an hour, not hard to do normally anyway I know, racking my tiny brain cell  and eventually decided on Tatty Ted ready made topper's and matching 12x12 paper's. 
I cut one of the papers slightly smaller than the 5x7 card blank for the insert, using a postage stamp style blade on my trimmer, added a scallop oval and a Tatty Ted sticker.
I took the chosen backing paper round the back for added interest with a strip of contrasting paper and another sticker.
The fronts have a large scalloped oval  cut on Cricut George and Basic Shapes with another behind using the Shadow key. 
I used Cricut Lyrical Letters at 15mm and 10mm for the letters with some matted strips of paper. 
They are very simple, with just a few gems for embellishment but quite cute. 

Just for fun I am entering them into the following challenges:
One Stop Craft Challenge - No Floral Embellishments
Pink Gem Designs - Its a Boy Thing
Allsorts - Layer's
Carisma Cardz Challenges - Seeing Double

8 comments:

  1. well you have done a brilliant job..sure they`ll love them..pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect boy's Christening cards!
    Thanks for layering up for us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, love your layout and the papers, thanks for joining our challenge at My mum's craft shop, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are just adorable...thanks for sharing this week at charisma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards hun and a great take on our boy challenge this week! Thank you so much for joining in the fun at AGOAC and good luck! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nikki! These are really great, so cute and personal.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous, I love Tatty Ted

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for posting these christening cards. I'm pretty sure that many parents can get new ideas for these samples.

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says I'm possible!"- Audrey Hepburn